Our arbitration specialists provide a full range of arbitration services and tailor to your needs a committed team that handles your case in the most effective and efficient manner.
Our arbitration experience extends to a plethora of cases concerning a wide range of industry sectors and diverse matters in institutional as well as ad hoc arbitrations conducted according to various rules (including ICC, ICSID, UNCITRAL, Swiss Rules, LCIA, SIAC, DIS, CAS and WIPO). Our specialists act as counsel and sit as arbitrator. They conduct proceedings in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Acting as counsel for parties from anywhere in the world in international commercial as well as investor-state arbitration proceedings, involving companies, individuals, states and state-owned entities
- Acting as counsel in sports arbitration cases and commercial arbitration cases relating to the sports sector for sports organizations, teams and individuals (see also our Sports Law Group)
- Conducting arbitrations in Switzerland and elsewhere
- Handling complex cases, including involving multiple proceedings, parties, contracts, jurisdictions and laws
- Drawing from vast industry-specific experience including in the construction, pharmaceutical, chemical, hi-tech, information-technology, energy, consumer-good, financial-service, sport, and insurance sectors
- Relying on specialists in all fields of law, including sales, joint-ventures, construction, agency/distribution/franchising, corporate, M&A, IP/IT, public procurement and competition
- Conducting and coordinating arbitration-related state-court proceedings, including proceedings for interim relief, attachments, proceedings to obtain evidence, challenges to arbitral awards and recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards
- Acting as legal expert
- Presiding arbitrator in an ICC arbitration seated in Zurich, Switzerland, concerning a dispute arising from a joint venture agreement regarding the establishment of a production facility for medical examination gloves in Thailand; the dispute involving various complex corporate governance matters regarding the joint venture to be determined in accordance with the laws of Thailand.
- Presiding arbitrator in an ICC arbitration seated in Paris, France, concerning a major tunnel-construction controversy in Europe.
- Member of the 31st and 32nd America's Cup Arbitration Panel and Chairman thereof during the 33rd America's Cup Arbitration Panel.
- Counsel in an ad hoc arbitration seated in Zurich, Switzerland, concerning a dispute over a major shareholding in a listed company (respondent); obtained an award in the respondent’s favour dismissing the claimant’s main claim and awarding the respondent’s counterclaim for payment of the remainder of the purchase price for a call option.
- Representing a state-owned company in an ICSID arbitration seated in London concerning electricity tariffs under a power-purchase agreement.
- Acting as counsel in an ICC arbitration seated in Geneva concerning a patent dispute in the biotech industry.
- Representing a consortium from the Middle East in an ad hoc arbitration arising out of a consultancy agreement
- Acting as arbitrator (chairman) in a Swiss Chambers’ arbitration between a major automobile manufacturer and one of its distributors in the Middle East
- Acting as legal experts in an ICC arbitration concerning a joint venture between two major European providers of telecommunication services