lic. iur., Attorney at Law, of Counsel
Foreign Attorney at Law registered in Japan
Tel +81 (0) 3-3288-3251
Fax +81 (0) 3-3288-3254
Charles Ochsner, an attorney at the Geneva Bar, is the first Swiss lawyer to be admitted to the Tokyo Bar II (Daini Tokyo Bengoshikai). Since 1998, he has been advising Japanese companies and private clients on Swiss and international law. He lives in Tokyo and heads the Japanese office of the Geneva-based Kellerhals-Carrard.
He also advises CH Projects Management Ltd., a Japanese consulting company that he established in 1988. CHPM has founded dozens of Japanese subsidiaries of Swiss companies and supports their commercial and financial activities in Japan with its accounting and tax departments. CHPM also has a staff of around ten Japanese employees who are specialised in the protection of intellectual property and compliance with corporate and administrative regulations.
In particular, Charles Ochsner’s experience allows him to advise his foreign clients who are already represented in Japan by local partners when their business is taken over by a newly established subsidiary.
- Legal advice on investment, business practices, employment and administrative regulations in Japan or Switzerland.
- Conducting trials in Japanese courts in cooperation with Japanese lawyers.
- Conducting trials in Swiss courts with his colleagues from Kellerhals-Carrard.
- M&A, capital markets and corporate
- Startup Desk
- 1977: Licensed as an attorney and admission to the Geneva Bar Association
- 1974-1976: Trainee attorney with the law firm Martin-Achard, Haissly, Vodoz, in Geneva
- 1973: lic. iur., University of Geneva
- since 2019: Of Counsel of Kellerhals Carrard in Tokyo
- since 1988: Counsel, CH Projects Management Ltd., Tokyo
- 1988-2018: Partner at the law firm Python, in Geneva, in charge of the Tokyo office
- 1986-1988: Associate at the law firm Baker & Mckenzie, Tokyo
- 1984-1986: Associate at the law firm Yusa & Hara, Tokyo
- 1982: Associate at the firm law Kirlin, Campbell & Keating, New York
- 1980-1984: Senior Counsel at the International Maritime Group, Geneva
- Geneva Bar Association
- Swiss Federation of Lawyers
- Daini Tokyo Bar Association, Tokyo
- 2002-2005: Chairman, Swiss Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan
- 1985-2002: Vice-Chairman, Swiss Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan