François Kaiser focuses on advising Swiss and international companies, in particular in the areas of corporate and commercial law, law of contracts, legal issues of executive employment, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, investment agreements and financial rounds, shareholders' agreements and real estate contracts.
François Kaiser also provides estate planning advice to private clients and family businesses.
His experience furthermore extends to domestic and international commercial arbitration (Swiss Rules, UNCITRAL, ICC and Ad Hoc), instances in which he acted as chairman, co-arbitrator and sole arbitrator. He also gives counsel in sport law and represents clients before the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
- Corporate and commercial law (corporate structures, shareholders' and investment agreements), contract law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Estate planning for private client and family business
- International and domestic arbitration
- Sport law (sports arbitration, sport institution, corporate governance, sports contracts)
- M&A, capital markets and corporate
- Sports law
- 1985: Admitted to the Bar
- 1982: Dr. iur., University of Lausanne, Bippert award
- 1971-1981: In-house counsel of a group of companies active in the field of new technologies
- since 1985: Partner, Carrard & Associes, today Kellerhals Carrard
- Vaud Bar Association (OAV)
- Swiss Bar Association (FSA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Union Internationale des Avocats (UIA)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA), member of the Council
- Registered in the Cantonal Attorneys' Register (Vaud)
- Vice President of the cantonal Office for conciliation and arbitration of collective labor disputes.
- Member of the Foundation Board of the photography museum (Musée de l'Elysée), in Lausanne
The Role, Limitation and Responsabilities of the arbitrator in civil law countries, Union Internationale des Avocats, Report to the 43rd Congress in New-Dehli, 1994.
La taxe sur la valeur ajoutée et les prestations de services internationales : étude de droit comparé et de droit communautaire, Kluwer Publishers, Pays-Bas, 1981