Insolvency and restructuring
Kellerhals Carrard has an experienced team of insolvency experts that plays an important role in the field of insolvency and corporate reorganization. We consult officers and directors on the measures to be implemented in the event of an imminent insolvency. We represent financial institutions, debtors as well as acquirers of the business or assets of financially distressed companies and act as court appointed trustees.
We are supported by other Kellerhals Carrard specialists in other key areas such as antitrust, corporate, real estate and tax. We contribute to innovative solutions which improve returns to stakeholders and, in many cases, can help avoid insolvency altogether. In addition, we represent parties in national and international debt enforcement and formal insolvency proceedings.
- Representation of foreign finance and holding companies in large Swiss insolvency proceedings
- Liquidation of an insolvent securities dealer and of a banking institution operating without a license from FINMA
- Liquidation of a branch of a foreign bank established in Switzerland
- Representation of the foreign trustees of the parent company of an insolvent international investment bank with respect to its assets located in Switzerland
- Representation of directors in liabilities cases regarding wrongful trading
- Legal opinions on national and international issues for Swiss and foreign insolvency practitioners
- Draft of a new bankruptcy law relating to banks for a foreign state
- Recognition of foreign insolvency decrees in Switzerland