Jerome Nicolas has in-depth legal knowledge and extensive practical experience in employment law, immigration law and Business Law.
After earning a BA in law at the University of Geneva, he obtained two scholarships to pursue research in comparative law and expand his legal horizons in Germany, and then in Japan. To combine theory with practice, he did an internship at the Tokyo office of our firm, from 1998 to 1999.
Jerome Nicolas primarily operates in consulting in his areas of expertise, but also regularly represents his clients in court. In particular, he assists parties to employment contracts at all stages of the contractual relationship.
Over the past 12 years, he has developed an extensive network of contacts, thanks to his involvement in the AIJA and to the UIA.
After a year of intensive training covering all aspects of employment law, he obtained a CAS in this area in 2017.
Recommended for several years as attorney of reference by the Consulate of Japan in Geneva, he assists many Japanese clients or clients with ties to Japan in all areas of law.
- Employment and social security law
- Business Law/ Mergers and Acquisitions
- Bankruptcy law and restructuring
- Public law
- Sports law
- Immigration law
- M&A, capital markets and corporate
- Employment law
- Administrative law
- Sports law
- 2017: CAS Employment law
- 2004: Basic banking skills, Higher Institute for Training in Banking (ISFB)
- 2003: Bar admission, Geneva
- 2000-2001: University of Hitotsubashi, Japan
- 1996-1997: LL.M, University of Trier, Germany
- 1992-1996: BA in Law, University of Geneva
- 1995: Participation in the Cassin Human Rights Advocacy Competition, in Strasbourg (3rd Prize)
- since 2019 Attorney at Kellerhals Carrard, Geneva
- 2003-2018 Attorney at Python, Geneva
- 2009 Clerk at the Court of Arbitration for Sport, Lausanne
- 2001-2003 Auxiliary clerk to the employment tribunal, Geneva
- 2001-2003 Internship as Trainee, Pestalozzi Lachenal Patry, Geneva
- 2000 Assistant to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, Tokyo
- 1998-1999 Intern, Python, Schifferli, Peter & Associés, Tokyo
- Swiss Federation of Lawyers (FSA/SAV)
- Geneva Bar Association
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA); Member of the executive committee and regional representative (2015-2018); Member of the employment law committee; Recognition of contribution (General Assembly 2018)
- Association of Specialists in Employment Law in French-speaking Switzerland (AROSDT)
- Association of Collaborative Law and Practice in French-speaking Switzerland: Certified collaborative law practitioner
- AIJA: Member of the executive committee and regional representative (2015-2018); Member of the employment law committee; Recognition of contribution (General Assembly 2018)
La réduction du régime LPP surobligatoire lors d'un transfert selon l'art 333 CO, in R. Wyler (éd.), Panorama III en droit de travail, Editions Stämpfli, Berne, 2017, pp. 345-379
Workers without borders, Antje Götschi & Marisa Bützberger, Jérôme Nicolas, Pascal Sieger, National report at the AIJA-Congress of Munich August 2016
Technology at work – is employment law adapting and keeping pace with new technology? Monitoring and investigation of employee performance and conduct with technology in the workplace, Panel Presentation at the AIJA-Half year conference of Chicago, May 2016
How to protect the employer’s interests after the termination of employment contracts – aspects of labour law in general and sports law in particular, National report at the AIJA-Congress of London, August 2015
How to Find a Party’s Assets and How to Seize or Freeze a Party's Assets in Each Country, Moderator at the AIJA-Seminar of Tokyo, April 2015
Who is not afraid of being a company director? Panel Presentation at the AIJA-Congress of Prague, August 2014
Comparative study on anti-corruption regulations, Panel Presentation at the UIA-Seminar of Tokyo, July 2014
Employment and Labour complications in due diligence investigation and acquisition; Hot topics on due diligence employment and labour per jurisdiction, Panel Presentation at the AIJA-Seminar of Paris, October 2011
Loyalty in the employer/employee relationship: how to ensure it? Panel Presentation at the AIJA-Congress of Charleston, August 2010
Mass lay-offs, social plans and redundancy payment schemes in a European Environment: European similarities, regional pitfalls & peculiarities during an insolvency situation, Panel Presentation at the AIJA-Seminar of Como, May 2008
Panorama de Jurisprudence Suisse, in Gazette du Palais, Les cahiers de l'arbitrage, Paris, Pierre-Yves GUNTER et Jérôme NICOLAS, N° 2007/1, avril 2007
Nouvelles du TAS, Compte rendu du séminaire destiné aux membres du TAS - 15 et 16 juin 2005, Laetitia Zumbrunnen, Jerome Nicolas, Antonio Rigozzi, Jusletter 5 septembre 2005
Die Form internationaler Schiedsvereinbarungen. Eine rechtsvergleichende Studie unter besonderer Berücksichtigung des schweizerischen und des deutschen Rechts, Magisterarbeit, Trier 1997