Sophie Roud graduated from the University of Fribourg, Switzerland, obtaining a Bachelor in Law in 2004 and a Master in Law (lic. iur.) in 2005. During her Master, she specialized in particular in International law and arbitration.
In parallel to her studies, she worked as an assistant to Professor Pierre Tercier and Professor Pascal Pichonnaz (University of Fribourg, Switzerland). She had the opportunity to assist both of them in arbitration proceedings. These experiences confirmed her interest in dispute resolution.
In 2007-08, she accomplished her traineeship at Hartmann & Dreyer's, a law firm specialized in commercial and contract law. The next year she successfully took the Swiss Bar examination.
In 2010, she obtained a Master in International Dispute Settlement under the Direction of Professor Gabrielle Kaufmann-Kohler in Geneva.
In 2010-11, she worked for Sébastien Besson at Python & Peter and before joining Carrard & Associés in October 2011.
- Commercial and sports arbitration
- Contract law
- Commercial law
- Litigation, arbitration and insolvency
- Sports law
- Geneva Master in Dispute Settlement (MIDS)(2009-2010)
- Bar admission (2009)
- University of Fribourg, Master (Mlaw, 2005)
- University of Fribourg, Bachelor (Blaw 2004)
- Attorney at the law firm Carrard & Associés since October 2011
- Attorney at the law firm Python & Peter, Geneva (2010-2011)
- Clerk at the Tribunal Cantonal of Fribourg (2007-2008)
- Trainee attorney at the law firm Hartmann & Dreyer (2006-2007)
- Assistant to Prof. Tercier and Prof. Pichonnaz at University of Fribourg
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)
- Vaud Bar Association (OAV)
- Swiss Bar Federation (FSA) (in progress)
- Jeune Barreau vaudois
- Registered in the Cantonal Attorney's Register (Vaud)