We advise on all aspects of direct and indirect taxation in domestic and international matters. Our clients include multinational corporations, SMEs, individuals and financial institutions.
Members of the Tax team are part of consultative bodies and members of tax courts, regularly contribute to journals and speak at seminars and conferences.
A core area of our practice is providing tax consultancy advice on corporate structures and transactions. We work closely with other teams in the firm to provide integrated services.
We regularly work for listed companies, domestic and foreign owned companies, institutional investors and banks in maximizing tax effectiveness, including:
- Tax planning, tax compliance and consulting for corporations
- International taxation
- Restructurings and demergers
- Joint ventures and partnering
- Funding transactions, including structured finance and asset finance
- Investment funds
- Distribution agreements and intellectual property exploitation arrangements
- Private equity and venture capital investments and exits
- Taxation of commercial trusts, foundations and investment companies
- Taxes and duties in branches like casinos, motor vehicles etc.
- Advanced tax rulings, tax holidays
- Contested tax issues, tax litigation
We advise Swiss and internationally based individuals, entrepreneurs, company directors, investors, owners of family owned companies, professional athletes and artists on income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax and tax litigation.
We assist with:
- Tax planning for entrepreneurs and individuals
- Immigration and emigration of individuals to and from Switzerland
- Establishing and ruling of lump sum taxation
- Succession planning and inheritance tax
- Real estate tax
- Advanced tax rulings
In addition to corporate and income tax, commercial activities may trigger several other types of taxes and duties. We advise in particular on complex corporate or distribution structures, value added tax issues of domestic and cross-border operating corporations, and all other indirect taxes, e.g. tax on casino business, stamp tax or motor vehicle tax. We advise our clients in:
- Structuring processes within corporations and groups (supply chain) to optimise VAT
- Structuring of distribution systems or licenses
- VAT treatment and handling of issues in branches like banking, insurance, distribution, e-commerce, automobiles, real estate etc.
- Negotiation with tax authorities and advanced rulings
- Litigation in tax matters
We advise professional athletes, artists, speakers and board members of companies on tax issues specific to such groups, in particular on local and foreign source taxes, tax domiciles, structuring of income etc.