Principal Advisor FinTech Team
Tel +41 58 200 39 00
Fax +41 58 200 39 11
Payment systems have been Thomas Weber’s professional passion for more than 14 years. He deals in particular with the economic models related to payment systems in the multi-party model, the technical processes of transactions and licencing issues.
Thomas has been a member of the FinTech team at Kellerhals Carrard since 2018 and helps with interface issues between regulation, technology, licensing terms, and economic factors. The interdisciplinary make-up of the FinTech team allows for a holistic approach and for the answering of questions that may arise in connection with payment systems, new technological developments and solutions and new business models.
Before working for Kellerhals Carrard, Thomas worked for an international payment network (scheme) as Divisional Lead Franchise and for a Swiss payment service provider in the fields of licence compliance, digital transformation, risk management and fraud prevention.
- Financial services
- 2007: Business economist FH, ZHAW
- 2004: Mediamatics merchant, Handelsschule KVS SH
- since 11/2018: Principal Advisor FinTech Team, Kellerhals Carrard, Zurich
- 2018: Divisional Lead Franchise Germany & Switzerland, Mastercard
- 2004-2017: Various activities (scheme compliance, project management, risk management, fraud prevention), Aduno Group/Viseca Card Services SA
- Bank Council Schaffhauser Kantonalbank
- Management Rhybadi GmbH
- Management Fass Beiz GmbH
- Board/Management SP Kanton Schaffhausen
- Board Genossenschaft Eins
Cornelia Stengel/Thomas Weber, Schaffung von Rechtssicherheit im FinTech-Bereich vertagt, in: MoneyToday vom 16. Juli 2019
Cornelia Stengel/Thomas Weber, Digitale und mobile Zahlungssysteme – Technologie, Verträge und Regulation von Kreditkarten, Wallets und E-Geld, Schulthess Verlag, Zürich 2014